E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

It charges, makes a noise, but the screen is blank. Help.

Customer Question
It charges, makes a...

It charges, makes a noise, but the screen is blank. Help

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

Today

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes. Nothing happenss

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I do not think so

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
this is an older Kindle, and has NO buttons along the edge, only the power button (depression) and volume (depressions) on the back. I have a newer one which has power button and vol on the edge.
3/30/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the Model of the Kindle and also the AGE of the unit- and we can proceed.

Have tried a full 60 sec reboot 4 times while waiting for your reply. Just plugged it back in. Will check again in 15-20 min. Thanks

You're welcome. If that doesn't work, simply reply back here please.

I am broke and can barely afford this $31, so another $20 to talk is out of the question. I am retired on a minimal retirement income.

I'm not sending that offer- the website is. Just ignore it.

Tried everything, nothing works, And it does not even beep any more... Help.It is older, and I think it is a Fire, but has no info on it. Any more ideas?? Thanks

If the above steps did not work then there is a hardware issue with your Kindle.

Since you are outside of the warranty period (1 year warranty) Kindle will probably not issue a replacement but they normally give great discounts for a current Amazon customer to upgrade to the Kindle Fire.

In SOME cases they will grant the 1year warranty for a customer and give you a replacement. That is completely up to Amazon and is on a case to case basis that I have no control over.

Please call Amazon here ---> 1-***-***-****

Let them know that your Kindle has hardware issues and you need a replacement

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.