E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

It just turns off. Amazon Kindle. Fire

Customer Question
It just turns off ...

It just turns off

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Amazon Kindle

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Fire

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/30/2018
Electronics Technician: Cris, Technician replied 3 months ago
Cris
Cris, Technician

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Does it turn off as soon as it boots up or just randomly shuts off?

Randomly

OK, there could be a software issue with your Kindle. My suggestion is to do a factory reset to reset the software. This will wipe the device however once you connect to WiFi. You can register the device back to your Amazon and re-gain access to your books.

Give me a moment to provide instructions.

To do a factory reset do the following.

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings.
  2. Tap Device Options, and then tap Reset to Factory Defaults.
  3. Tap Reset to confirm.
  4. The Kindle will reset then follow prompts to setup and connect to WiFi.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top.