E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have an Amazon fire tablet, and for the last 2 days it has…

Customer Question
I have an Amazon...

I have an Amazon fire tablet, and for the last 2 days it has the wrong time on it. We had a severe storm here 2 nights ago and it has been off in the time ever since I went into the clock and tried to reset by telling it to put on Houston time (central daylight time and it did , but the time did not change. It says 11:00 A.M. right now and the time is 4:43 PM . How dxo I get it back . I turned it off and restarted but that did not work.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Fire?

I think I bought the second 1 about 2 years ago, it would say in my account.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Fire?

I just told you ,

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/30/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow it to charge for 20 minutes now and see if it will charge

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle