E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I was given a kindle today that isnt working but charging it…

Customer Question
I was given a...

I was given a kindle today that isnt working but charging it for 24 hrs will that get it working? Have it On on both buttons.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I have it charging its an older model

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No just some anwers if doing right thing so far?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Ok Ive paid the fee of $5.00 for entry cost and balance for membership. Now can I please get some advise to get kindle up n started?
3/28/2018
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 3 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Sorry for the delayed response My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 3 months ago

May I know the exact model of your kindle?

D00111
Serial no. B0o1c2b882531513
Will you just type some advice and not call me please? Im waiting and getting frustrated with paying and nor getting proper repsonse in getting the kindle up n working?
Maybe I should just go to bestbuy and buy a new battery!
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 3 months ago

Sorry for the delayed response i was checking for the model could you please try to restart your kindle by : Connect your Kindle to the power adapter, make sure the light next to the power port is lit, and slide the power switch to ON. Carefully slide the gray back cover off your Kindle. Insert a pin or paperclip into the small hole labeled Reset. Avoid using a pencil or other item that could break off inside your Kindle and cause permanent damage. Please let me know if it works for you.

I did that but no response so far.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 3 months ago

Okay, so in this case may Be there is problem with the battery or the charger so you need to contact amazon support you can reach them by dialing this number 1-***-***-****.

Sorry too! Ive paid for service unrended! Sad service!
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 3 months ago

Sorry for the inconvenience caused You can contact JustAnswer's Customer Service by clicking on the Contact Us button at the bottom of your screen or by going to this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support and can check for the refund.

Looks like best buy will give help needed! Amen! Dont charge my card for $20.00 phone assistance. Nor for just trying to communicate with this sad
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 3 months ago

You can contact JustAnswer's Customer Service by clicking on the Contact Us button at the bottom of your screen or by going to this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support and can check for the refund.

Can you at least tell me whats wrong with kindle? Do I just need a bew battery?
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 3 months ago

There can be multiple issues if it is not turning on it may be software failure or a battery issue.

Okay thank you! Going to BestBuy for a new battery tomorrow. This what I suspected all along.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your time.

Thanks! What am I being charged on my credit card for?
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 3 months ago

I am a user of the site just like you and cannot help you with site-related issues. You can contact JustAnswer's Customer Service by clicking on the Contact Us button at the bottom of your screen or by going to this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support and can check regarding the charges.