E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

When you turn it on the apps appear and the the screen goes…

Customer Question
When you turn it...

When you turn it on the apps appear and the the screen goes black with lines running through it.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

Yesterday. It is charged 100%

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Let me try

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I am forcing reboot

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/28/2018
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 3 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Press and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info, if that fails, Wait 15 minutes with the kindle connected to the charger and wall outlet then try the steps again.