E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Received refurbished Kindle Fire HD 10 Tablet in Dec. Worked…

Received refurbished Kindle Fire...

Received refurbished Kindle Fire HD 10 Tablet in Dec. Worked fine till this a.m. Powered off last night. Plugged in to charge overnight and it would not start today/ What do I do?

Technician's Assistant: Have you done a hard reset on your Kindle Fire by holding down the power button until it vibrates or beeps?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Has there been any recent damage to your device (e.g. from dropping it or getting it wet)?

Absolutely not

3/28/2018
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Press and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own.

If the screen is still unresponsive, plug in your device using the USB cable connected to a wall outlet power adapter. Let the device charge for 15 minutes, unplug it, and then try to restart again.

Will you remain online while I go through this process?

yes, take your time. I will be here.

Do I have to pay $20 to talk to you?
That is only for phone call session. We can chat here.
Held for 40 seconds then plugged in. tried to start again. Totallly black but when I plugged in to charger it turned on immediately.
Not tech savvy and there is a message that says outdated modules update detection modules. What to do?

okay, great!

That sounds like the charging system just needed the reset.

Let it charge for awhile and it should be fine.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating!

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top and click on submit.

Thank you very much!

Do I need to do anything about the outdated module notice? If so, what? My tablet says it is 100% charged Should I keep charging?

yes, keep charging for a few more minutes. The outdated module notice is not an issue. It should update automatically if needed.

Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Thanks. Bye