E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

The books will not download. It says read with Kindle but…

Customer Question
The books will not...

The books will not download. It says read with Kindle but can't read on kindle either.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Just attempting to load and restart Kindle. Shutting off my internet and restarting.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/28/2018
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 3 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Press and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.(Make sure you use the same account info that you use when the books were purchased)

Pressing and holding the power switch for 40 seconds didn't work. I have to find the Amazon aCCount info this may take awhile. What is my account number so that I can talk to you later? I don't see the number.
I already paid $40 for this information. Another $20+ I can buy a new Kindle.

I am sorry about the difficulty. Those are only optional automated additional service offers in case you need them.

You can come back to this screen anytime. there is also a link to this page in your email.

This didn't work. The Kindle will not allow me to download any books. It now will allow me to read them on the Kindle but I can't leave the house and read them.

okay, which model kindle do you have? Paperwhite, Fire, Keyboard,etc

NO, I told you for another $20 plus I can buy a new Kindle. I attempted your suggestion. It did not work. I am still having the same problem. There isn't ANY Load capability shown on the kindle when the book is on hold to load it so the book can be used somewhere else.
I don't have an Amazon account. A friend originally connected my Kindle to the WIFI.
Okay, the only way to download books will be to create an Amazon account. You can do that from your computer and then use your Amazon account info to register the Kindle.
I downloaded them before without having an Amazon account. Why do I need one now? The Kindle was a gift and my sister registered the purchase.
She said she did not create an Amazon account for me. I merely attached to my local library and obtain books from the library. They would load previously.
I have a Kindle Fire!!!

Okay, I can have Amazon customer service call you and get this straightened out for you. The call will not cost you anything extra. What is the phone number you would like for them to call you on.

Okay, thank you.

Can you take the call now?

I can take the call now from amazon.