E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have not used my kindle for about 2 weeks, I have gone to…

Customer Question
I have not used...

I have not used my kindle for about 2 weeks, I have gone to turn it on and there is large exclamation mark inside a battery in the centre of the screen. I have charged it overnight twice in a row using different cables each time

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

Took it off charge 15 minutes ago after it had been on for about 15 hours. It still wont turn on, it just displays the exclamation inside the battery

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yep have tried but will try again now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

It turned on and worked for about a minute before it died two nights ago and has not turned on since then

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/28/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

yep i need help

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow it to charge for 20 minutes now and see if it will charge

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

I have followed these instructions, the charging light is on but the kindle still shows the same large exclamation mark inside the the battery in the middle of the screen. The kindle was bought for me as a present for the most recent Christmas.

The good news is that your Kindle is still under warranty and you can receive a replacement!

Once you receive the replacement, you can register the Kindle and all of your books will appear again.

Are you located in NZ?

That is correct
Because the reboot didn't work, you think the kindle is beyond repair and needs to be replaced?

Yes, it needs to be replaced but it is under warranty so it will be replaced by Amazon

Okay, did this information cost me $40 or does some of my deposit get refunded?

I am only a technician but the payment is charged in full (not refunded)

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.