E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Have just been given a kindle that was owned by a friend, my…

Customer Question
Have just been given...

Have just been given a kindle that was owned by a friend, my one has just given up. How do I change ownership and put this o e in my name

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Have just been given this kindle today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Just change of ownership

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/28/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Have deregister the last user, made sure that the internet connection is working but every time I try to register yself as a pass user the same box appears after I have added email address and password
The box says. Your kindle is u able to connect at this time. Please make sure you are within wireless range and try againI have 4 bars showing so there is no reason not to connectHelp
No I do not need you to ring when it cost that much

Yes, the Kindle was never updated properly so you need to do it manually in order to continue.

Click here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201994710

Locate your Kindle model on the page then click on Transfer via USB

Follow the prompts to update the software through your computer

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Have cleared the kindle of the pass owner, now it will not accept my email address and password,
Go to my iPad and can access amazon with them to my account but cannot register the kindle

Did you read my response above and follow the steps?