E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle fire will not charge. I have changed the battery…

Customer Question
My kindle fire will...

My kindle fire will not charge. I have changed the battery and replaced the cord twice. What I have noticed is that when I press on the

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

My kindle fire will not charge. I have changed the battery and replaced the cord twice. What I have noticed is that when I press on the cord, close to the connection, the battery icon will signify it is charging. I think the connection terminal on the fire is loose or quitting. Where can I get this repaired or is it possible?

Technician's Assistant: The Android Technician will be able to walk you through that. The Android Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

Probably about 7 years.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/27/2018
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 3 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 3 months ago

Could you please try to restart your kindle once by Hold down the power button for twenty seconds to reboot the device, and then tap the power button to turn it back on.Please let me know if it works for you.

It does not and I am almost out of battery life
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 3 months ago

So in this case you need to contact amazon support to get the port replaced you can contact them by dialing this number 1-***-***-****.

Do not call. I don't want you to charge me. Please refund my good faith deposit of $5.00. will buy another Kindle. Susan D***

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 3 months ago

Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 3 months ago

I am a user of the site just like you and cannot help you with site-related issues. You can contact JustAnswer's Customer Service by clicking on the Contact Us button at the bottom of your screen or by going to this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support and can check regarding the refund.