E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Can't get in the store to purchase more books! It's a

Customer Question
Good Morning, can't get...

Good Morning, can't get in the store to purchase more books! It's a paperwhite

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

Just finished a book about 3 days ago. Not sure when I purchased last? Maybe a month or two ago.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

No. Just a reboot. How do I do that? Oh...and I guess I will need to figure out a password :(

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No thx

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/27/2018
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 3 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Press and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.
I did a reboot yesterday but will try again according to these instructions
screen does not go black. Doesn't seem to want to turn off. Will try again.
Keeps resetting. white screen then back to the kindle tree
Now returned to home page
Anybody there???
Has Randy Boman left the chat??