E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have lost all my books (both downloaded and not

downloaded) on my Kindle....
I have lost all my books (both downloaded and not downloaded) on my Kindle. How do I get them back?
3/27/2018
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Press and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account that you used when your books were purchased.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am connected to Wifi but can’t find where to sign in.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can we continue this on line in the meantime.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where do I go to sign in? Is that necessary when I'm already connected to the Kindle store?
Make sure that you are connected to the kindle store with the correct account.
To register your Kindle:From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings.
Tap My account.
Choose the Amazon account you want to use on your Kindle:
If you already have an Amazon account: Tap that option during the setup process and enter your Amazon account information. Your name will appear as the Registered User when registration is complete.
Did that work for you?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’ve done the set up process and recovered the Library and can now download. Many thanks for your help.
That's great!
I hope I have earned a 5 star rating!
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top and click on submit.
Thank you very much!
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician