E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Kindle Fire says"authentication problem when trying to

Customer Question
Kindle Fire says"authentication problem...

Kindle Fire says"authentication problem when trying to connect. Signal is strong. I'm sitting next to router on my desktop with Fire in my lap. Help

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

2yrs old

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kindle Fire?

Not much - just the usual. I'm not computer savy

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this time, thanks

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 3 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

The wireless password ***** ***** to your wireless modem/router. I can give you the instructions on how to recover the wireless password, but first I need to know the brand and model name of your wireless modem/router.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?

I already changed the password ***** others could use the wifi. My husband is using it now on his ipad. It's just this Fire that has a problem.

Did you enter the new password ***** the Kindle Fire?