E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

For years, it worked fine. Now it won't let me order new…

Customer Question
For years, it worked...

For years, it worked fine. Now it won't let me order new books no matter what I do..change password, etc. Has there been some sort of software change in the past year or so that would explain this?

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your device?

It has probably been 2 years. I started buying physical books but and now being overrun and would like my reader back.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The E-reader Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your e-books and other data.

OK. How does that work?

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of. Thank you!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/26/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30 seconds until the Kindle restarts
If that does not work, then please respond back and let me know so I can continue to troubleshoot.

It isn't a Kindle. It's a Book.
Nook. Sorry.

I am not sure what you mean -- You are trying to buy a physical book?

Are you able to work on the Nook reader as well as Kindle?

Yes.

Are you buying a physical book or e-book?

I already have a Nook reader. I have had it for several years, but it now stops me from buying new reader books. I have changed my password ***** that does not work. I can still access books that I downloaded for the first few years, but can no longer buy and download new ones.

What is the error message that you see?

It does not recognize my wifi password.

What is the make/model of your router?

Never mind. I think I figured it out. Thank you, though.

You're welcome