E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle is showing USB charger instructions on opening…

My kindle is showing...

My kindle is showing USB charger instructions on opening page it’s fully charged but I cannot open to read ?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

About two weeks I purchased a new charger think connection on kindle might be faulty but green light to say fully charged is on

3/26/2018
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Is it connected to your computer at the moment?

Please let me know

green light displayed
No thanks on live call

Ok, to use it it cannot be connect to the computer, disconnect it and you can then use it.

Let me know how you go please

It’s now disconnected but still showin USB drive mode
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds. Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle. Let me know the results please Thank you
It’s now looks as though it’s rebooting it’s showing kindle page now it’s gone back to usb drive page whilst connected to computer
It’s now working thank you very much

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Customer Service
Please explain charges for advice I was asked for £3 then got charged further 29

yes thats the cost for this service