E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I am trying to register a new Kindle to an existing account.

I am trying to...

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I tried yesterday and again this morning. I have put my name which I think is my login ID, but after putting in my password ***** Register word is faded and only the Cancel option is available.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

What do you mean? What else would it need? The only possible thing it might need is that it is my third Kindle. The first one is still going well, but my second one seems to have died and that is the one I am replacing with the new one.

3/26/2018
Viet - E-reader Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. On the problematic kindle, press and hold the Power on / off button / switch for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check. Is there any power / light? Is there anything on the screen?

- On the new kindle, please use your email address for the login ID, then enter your Amazon account password, then it should let you select the Register option.

- Note: If you forgot your Amazon account password, please click on the website below:

http://www.amazon.com/password

, then there, enter your email address, then click on Continue and follow the instructions there in order to reset your Amazon account password.

- Do you also have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

I have done all of that. I tried to do as you suggested with the old Kindle this morning after it had been charging all night, and again just now, and there is absolutely no response or light on it at all. It was doing this about a month ago which is when I went and bought a replacement. Then it decided to work again and I have been using it since, but it has become too unreliable.
After entring my email address and password ***** did allow me to register but says ther is an issue with the information

Thank you. Have you tried the forgot password ***** or the website I've provided above?

What's the make / model of your computer, if any?

Viet - E-reader Tech
Phone call session started

I can fix your Amazon / Kindle account through a computer first, then it will work on your Kindle.

Do you also have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer? And/or what's the make / model of your computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

I think I have given you the wrong telephone number. I would prefer it if you could call me on my land line. which is NZ (?) I think it is +64 then o6(###) ###-#### Sorry about that. This is all getting a bit much for me as I am not very computer confident..

First, do you also have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer? And/or what's the make / model of your computer?

My computer is an HP laptop and the programme is windows - 10 I think.

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/y7phmtlu
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

1. On your computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can fix your kindle directly through your computer for you:

https://tinyurl.com/y7phmtlu
, then click on Open or Run (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Thank you for trying to help me. I am not sure where I was going wrong, but have now managed to register my new Kindle with a new password ***** am happy to have it working, so the problem has been rectified. Jenny.

You're welcome. Great. Please let me know if you have any other electronics / computer question / issue anytime. Thank you for the update.