E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a Kindle fire which i purchased in the USA i live in…

Customer Question
I have a Kindle...

I have a Kindle fire which i purchased in the USA i live in Australia everything has been great until my credit card expired and a new one issued with a new expiry date . my account is***@******.*** i have managed to give you an updated credit card number but my kindle is not working as it has before. i did have the Kindle version of the NewYork Times but i can not get it back . i have a second Kindle which is allowing me to buy books but not current Kindle Tony Otton***@******.*** can you assist me in updating my password

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

About 5 years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kindle Fire?

I have tried to re-register through ***@******.*** and tried my password contessa291 but it will not accept

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

No i just want to be able to purchase books and reconnect my link to the Kindle version of the New York Times

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/26/2018
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

What exactly happens when you try to now purchase books on the Kindle?

Please let me know

hi ,
i have 3 Kindles linked , if i use : Tony`s 4th Kindle , everything works as normal , all the books stored are there.
when i try to use my every day Kindle : Tony`s 2nd Kindle i get a Security Warning and a link to Amazon .com.au/b/?/deviceType=A2D , i have now lost all the books stored on that Kindle . until recently i had the Kindle version of the New York Times , a note came on the screen that my credit card had expired , a new card with and updated exp date has been issued which i have sent to Amazon , but now nothing is working

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and access your books.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

no it did not work

Ok, on the Kindle go to menu, settings, menu, reset Kindle

Let this complete, setup the kindle again and tell me how it now functions please