E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Mt Kindle Fire will not open. 2013. It opened last evening.

Mt Kindle Fire will...

Mt Kindle Fire will not open.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

2013

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kindle Fire?

It opened last evening. I have repeatedly pushed the power on button.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

No,just how to open it i am reading GOOD BOOK.

3/25/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps.

Thanks picked it up turned it on/ now please release my deposit. Thank you.

I don't have any dealings with deposits, or 'releasing" (no idea what you're referring to). You can use the site help pages for any of that. Regarding the question you posted- and my answer that solved it- Please KINDLY scroll to the top of the page and click a 5 star rating so that I am credited.

Aric, Technician

Stop posting duplicate questions about billing. Use the site HELP PAGES for that. I am not a billing agent.