E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

The kindle is freezing....did all the suggested

Customer Question
The kindle is freezing....did...

The kindle is freezing....did all the suggested recommendations without result. this is Nancy Kindle #2......is in Nancy Setlock name

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

Yesterday....would get to main screen stating KINDLE fire did the reboots,etc w/o results. I had this happen to my Kindle #1 and the batter was hot....had exchanged it for Kindle #2

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 3 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Press and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.