E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

It is malfunctioning. I can't get the list of my unread

Customer Question
It is malfunctioning....

It is malfunctioning. I can't get the list of my unread books to show up, and it generally isn't acting right and is almost unusable.

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

I don't know. It doesn't have color. It is several years old. It's my second one.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your e-reader? What have you tried so far?

It started last night. I tried home, all, downloads, collections, turned it off and on, did everything I could think of. Never had any trouble with any of this before.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: E-Readers
3/25/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 month ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps please.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician