E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a Kindle that I cannot seem to get registered. It was…

Customer Question
I have a Kindle...

I have a Kindle that I cannot seem to get registered. It was given to me about a year ago ii

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Just entered my amazon account and it tells me that that there was error registering the Kindle and to try again later. I have been trying on and off all day

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No thats about all

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/25/2018
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 4 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Press and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.

Did that work for you?

no and i tried it 3 times
Okay, were you able to get connected to the internet?

Okay, go to Amazon.com on your computer web browser and see if you can log in to your Amazon account with the same info you are using on the Kindle