E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Just perched. DP758DI I think. Charged it read 2 books half…

Just perched Technician's Assistant:...

Just perched

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

DP758DI I think

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your e-reader? What have you tried so far?

Charged it read 2 books half through the third charged it overnight and cannot turn on tried charging in other outlets does not work!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Just bought it about 2 weeks ago

3/25/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Aric, Technician

Were you able to try those steps and are you still having the same problem?