E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

The screen froze while downloading after I re booted it.

The screen froze while...

The screen froze while downloading after I re booted it

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

Just prior to downloading

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes that is what I had done and now the screen shows a down load bar that is 3/4 done

3/23/2018
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow it to charge for 20 minutes now and see if it will charge

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

I did what you recommended. It has reverted to the Kindle screen with the toolbar which indicates a 1/4 loading of whatever is happening. Other than that the screen remains frozen here. The kindle was purchased in May of 2012.

If the above steps did not work then there is a hardware issue with your Kindle.

Since you are outside of the warranty period (1 year warranty) Kindle will probably not issue a replacement but they normally give great discounts for a current Amazon customer to upgrade to the Kindle Fire.

In SOME cases they will grant the 1 year warranty for a customer and give you a replacement. That is completely up to Amazon and is on a case to case basis that I have no control over.

Please call Amazon here ---> 1-***-***-****

Let them know that your Kindle has hardware issues and you need a replacement

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.r

Harry, Customer Service