E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Have a kindle think paper ,problem with charging port, lead…

Customer Question
Have a kindle think...

Have a kindle think paper white,problem with charging port, lead want fit correctly to charge , orange light may come on if pressure is applied to lead.wont charge. how do I have charging port replaced . we only use kindle whilst travelling and on holiday. great mqchine my wife loves it. can you help, we are in Ballarat.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried different power sources or a different wall adapter (the part of the charger with prongs)?

Yes we have, when you look at the port there appears to be one shiny side

Technician's Assistant: Is the charging port of your Lead clean, with the small tab inside unbent?

The right hand side as you look at ,appear to have 2 prongs that are shiny looking up at you. geoff

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

The right hand side has 2 shiny prongs close together the rest is dark

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/23/2018
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to charge and turn on the Kindle.

Let me know the results please

Thank you