E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Kindle fire says unable to open server WiFi is connected…

Customer Question
Kindle fire says unable...

Kindle fire says unable to open server WiFi is connected.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Kindle Fire?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: E-Readers
3/22/2018
Electronics Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

replied 1 month ago

Before we proceed further, Have you tried to reboot and re connect the Kindle Fire? If you haven't tried, please try this following steps below

1. Hold the power switch for twenty seconds. You will need to slide the power switch along and hold it for twenty seconds before releasing it.
  2. Your reboot screen should appear when you release the power switch.
  3. Give your device time to reboot for a minute or two.
  4. Turn the Kindle Fire back on.
  5. Reconnect the Kindle fire to the WiFi network
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
now it says again unable to open server connection
 replied 1 month ago

May I know whether your Kindle Fire is connected with the same WiFi network?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no that did not work I can get on web but not to email server
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
connected to same
 replied 1 month ago

May I know what is the model of the Kindle fire, Is it a 1st generation or 2nd generation? So that we can go ahead and reconfigure your email.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
system version 8.5.1_user_5159720 serial BOCC o603 2515 OMG4***@******.***--
 replied 1 month ago

In this case we can go ahead a try this following steps

1st Generation Kindle Fire Email Setup For POP/IMAP:

1. So first from your home screen, select Apps then hit Email
  2. If this is to be your first email account on your Kindle Fire tap Start, then for Select E-Mail Provider select Other. However, if you already have an account tap the menu icon followed by Add Account then Other.
  3. The Username is ***** ***** email address and the Password ***** ***** email password. Tap Next than select POP 3 or IMAP (IMAP is recommended because of larger feature support).
  4. Under Incoming Server settings, the settings will be showed already at their default values but we will change a few of them….Your Username is ***** ***** be your full email address and your Password ***** ***** email password.
  5. Type the needed IMAP/POP server name. For Security type, select SSL while for Authentication type verify PLAIN is selected. In Port make sure it is set to 993 if you’re using IMAP or 995 if you’re using POP.
  6. If using IMAP, for IMAP path prefix value leave the default value (Automatic using NAMESPACE if available).
  7. After clicking Next, under Outgoing Server settings, the settings will be showed already at their default values but we will change a few of them…
  8. Type the needed SMTP server name. For Security type, select TLS (always). In Port make sure 587 is selected, and also verify the selection of ‘Require Sign-In“.
  9. After clicking Next verify that the Authentication type is set to Automatic. For the Inbox settings page, under the Folder poil frequency list choose how often you want your Kindle Fire to check your Inbox (more often will assure fast access to emails whilst also possibly affecting performance).
  10. Then on the Finish page, enter a display name and an account name. You are now free to check your email by tapping View Your Inbox at any time.

If above steps doesn't works, please try this following steps below:

2nd Generation and later Kindle Fire Email Setup For POP/IMAP:

1. So first from your home screen, select Apps then hit Email.
  2. If this is to be your first email account on your Kindle: make sure you are on the Add Account page and select the Other Provider option; otherwise hit Menu then Settings followed by Add Account and finally Other Provider.
  3. Fill in the corresponding information than click Next.
  4. Select POP 3 or IMAP (IMAP is recommended because of larger feature support).
  5. Under Incoming Server settings, the settings will be showed already at their default values but we will change a few of them….Your Username is ***** ***** be your full email address and your Password ***** ***** email password.
  6. Type the needed IMAP/POP server name. For Security type, select SSL/TLS. In Port make sure it is set to 993 if you’re using IMAP or 995 if you’re using POP.
  8. Type the needed SMTP server name. For Security type, select StartTLS. In Port make sure 587 is selected, and also verify the selection of “Require Sign-In“.
  9. For Username, it’s your email address and Password ***** ***** email password. Then on the Finish page, enter a display name and an account name. You are now free to check your email by tapping View Your Inbox at any time.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

Karthik Nagarajan
Karthik Nagarajan
Karthik Nagarajan