E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My mother's Kindle 7 has frozen. It will not allow her

Customer Question
My mother's Kindle 7...

My mother's Kindle 7 has frozen. It will not allow her access to her account

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

Two days ago. It has not allowed her in since yesterday morning. Is there a telephone number that I can call.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

It keeps saying h.d.r. recommended, then it says H.d.r not recommended. And it won't turn off.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/22/2018
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

It will not shut down.
No please walk me through this

Hold the power button for up to 5 minutes, make sure it is held to the off position.

Does it then power off?

I managed to shut down her kindle. It is powering up now

ok, let me know how it performs now please

It is saying Joan Labrecque, double tap.to switch profile. It won't let me enter her Pass code

It wont accept the code or it does not respond when you type it in?

It won't bring up the key pad to enter pass code.

give it a few minutes to load, then try please

It keeps asking if I want to shut down my Fire? Then Says cancel and done

ok, choose done please

The device is voice talking. It isn't responding to my commands. I got it to shutdown and it is rebooting now
We are going to take it to STAPLES AND LET them try to fix it. Thank you

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.