E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I cant get it to move off a page "Before you go..." showing…

Customer Question
I cant get it...

I cant get it to move off a page "Before you go..." showing me what other customers have purchased. I just want to read what I have. How do I get the page to turn

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Its a Kindle - I dont know how to tell but I purchased it last year

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Its been going on a while and I thought it might be because it was low on charge so I have fully charged it. If I press the X top right corner it goes to the book I'm trying to read and then if I touch the screen it returns to the Before you go.... page

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Well I don't know what questions to ask - other than I just want to be able to get the pages moving

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Electronics Technician: Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician replied 29 days ago
Viet - E-reader Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. You can swipe the screen / page in order to get to another page. If that does not work, press and hold the Power on / off button on your Kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- Does that work?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I have just tried turning it OFF then held button for 45 seconds and now I have the KINDLE page with a tree...... does this mean its working?
DAMN DAMN DAMN It went back to books - I selected the one I wanted and now I'm back with the Before you go... message.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I AM NOT GOING TO PAY MORE MONEY IF YOU CANT FIX IT OVER I WILL STOP MY KINDLE ACCOUNT. Was the $5 lure just that a lure to get me to pay. I'm really cross and cranky.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
now you've gone silent - what's going on?

I'm sorry. Does this issue only occur with a particular book? Or does it happen to any book you try?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No its with any book and I am not going to give you permission to come into my computer. The problem is with the kindle which is separate from my computer. Just tell me what to do. If you can't just say so andI'll hang up. I AM NOT HAPPY

If you'd like to, you can connect your Kindle to your computer, then I can try to fix your Kindle through your computer. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions you can try. What's the model of your kindle?

Do you have the Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire, Kindle touch, etc.?

Please let me know your Kindle model, so I can provide written instructions.

Please reply at the box below; we guarantee our service, so don't worry. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I've already told you I dont know what model it is - I purchased it last year. I'm not prepared to alloy you, or anyone, into my computer. If you cant do it over the typing just say so and I will hang up. IM STILL UNHAPPY

Sorry, can you go to menu / settings / device > reset device / restore it to default and check? Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
which menu? / settings .....

Is there a 3-dot icon (or 3-bar icon) at the top of your kindle's main screen?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No. At the moment the top says Veronica's kindle on the left. On the right there is an upturned half circle (2) with a dot in the centre at the bottom. Then shows my battery storage which is full. and the time 5.47
If it is the upturned circle it is not responding as I have tapped it and tapped it and it doesn;t respond.

Swipe down from the top of the screen, then does it show a menu? Does it show Settings?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
That's the problem I cant swipe it down (or up or left or right). The page is frozen - its not going anywhere

Press and hold the Power on / off button on the Kindle for about 60 seconds this time, then turn it back on. Then don't try anything, but swipe down and see if it goes to menu / settings. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I switched the kindle off and re-booted it - the Kindle name came up with a tree. (I have done this now three times) Theres a black line filling in the space and the page has automatically gone back to "My library" Now I have selected a different book and the kindle didnt give me that book but is offering me an exclusive sample chapter of a book I dont know or want. Please techo all I want is for the kindle to work as it did when I first got it. By the way the "exclusive" offer has now stopped on that page and will not go anywhere. In other words its frozen.

After rebooting your Kindle, it shows My Library, then please DO NOT select any book for now, but at My Library, tap on the 3-dot (or 3-bar icon) if shown at the top, then tap on Settings. Or at My Library, swipe down from the top of the screen. Please let m know. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Right I have done that. The settings page has My Account - Wireless - Device Options - Reading options - language & dictionaries - parental controls - contact us
Now what?

Great. The kindle is corrupted, so we need to refresh it. Please select option Device Options, then option Reset to factory defaults, then reset / ok / continue.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I did the first part but the reset says I will loose all my downloaded content.(it will go to the cloud).... Do you want to reset your kindle NO YES
I dont want to lose everything what do I choose?

Select Yes, once it's finished, after re-setting up your kindle, your purchased books will start downloading again on your Kindle. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
OK I have done that and its going back to the Kindle page with the tree and asked me to wait a minute..... This is looking hopeful is it? - Have connected to WiFi network but its rejected the password. How do I set it up manually?

What is the make / model of your Internet modem/router device? Do you see any passphrase / key / password *****? It is case-sensitive.
Do you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If yes, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

If needed, I can retrieve your internet modem router device's Wi-Fi / wireless password ***** through your computer for you.
Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

How is it going?

Electronics Technician: Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician replied 21 days ago

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician