E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

The Kindle I'm on now (I have several) is going dark while…

Customer Question
The Kindle I'm...

The Kindle I'm on now (I have several) is going dark while I'm using it, seemingly randomly. I have the brightness up, and have also put it in auto, and it still goes dark. I notice it mostly when playing games.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

Every day, most days. Today, this afternoon.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

No. I will., but then how do I get back with you?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/22/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow it to charge for 20 minutes now and see if it will charge

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

The Alexa questionnaire box opened and stayed open. Nothing else happened. I think I'm on my newest Kindle, which is about 1 yr old?..

Over or under a year?