E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I just charged my Kindle Paperwhite, and unplugged it when…

I just charged my...

I just charged my Kindle Paperwhite, and unplugged it when the light turned green. Now the screen battery icon indicates that it’s charging, and the screen says it’s in USB Drive Mode.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

It

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

It started earlier today when I unplugged it after charging it on my computer. I got that same screen so I plugged it into a wall outlet with an adapter. Same result.

3/21/2018
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Could you please try to restart your kindle by Press and hold the Power button for seven seconds until the Power dialog box appears, and then tap Restart.

Note: If the Power dialog box doesn't appear, press and hold the Power button for a full 40 seconds until your device restarts.

Please let me know if it works for you.

That worked! Thank you so much! I didn’t realize my kindle had a power button until I looked for it just now. I always just close it when I’m finished reading, and enter my passcode when I reopen it.

That's really great If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to give me a 5-star rating. See you again soon!

Aparna Indresh