E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindle Fire will not open my email since July 2017.

Customer Question
My Kindle Fire will...

My Kindle Fire will not open my email since July 2017. What's up?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

4 or 5 years. My Kindle tablet does the same thing and it is 1 or 2 years younger.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kindle Fire?

Nothing. i just don't use it for my email - inconvenient.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

No. thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/22/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I do.

Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30 seconds until the Kindle restarts
If that does not work, then please respond back and let me know so I can continue to troubleshoot.

No luck with the restart and hold on both of my Kindles. What next? Message says "Unable to open server connection. (ATT)

Have you tried to deleting the email and adding it back?

It (Kindle Fire) will allow me to delete and send (sent to myself). However, the email does not appear in my Inbox. Still same notation unable to open server connection (ATT).

Deleting the email account (not emails)

How do I do that? Also, how do I get it back!!
  1. Open the “Email” app.
  2. Tap “Menu” > “Settings”
  3. Tap the email account you wish to remove.
  4. Scroll all the way to the bottom and select the option to “Delete Account from Device”, and the account will be deleted.
How do I add it back?
  1. Swipe down from the top of the Home screen to display Settings. ...
  2. Tap More. ...
  3. Tap My Account.
  4. Tap Manage E-Mail Accounts.
  5. Tap Add Account. ...
Did all of the above. Message: Unable to set up account. Unable to open server connection. There is a Edit Settings button the above message.

What is the email account that you are having an issue with?