E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have two. The old one does not hold battery so I would lik…

Customer Question
I have two....

I have two. The old one does not hold battery so I would lik to transfer everything to the new one but don’t know how

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Org are the same kindle 2.5.8

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I gave up about a year ago but now want to use it. I’m okay with getting rid of the old one. Just don’t want to lose all my stuff

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I live in Mexico and couldn’t get the WiFi to work awhen I last tried. I know I pay $4.95 for it. I think maybe the satellite was down. Probably fixed by now. I am in the states today and would love to get my stuff transferred

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/21/2018
Electronics Technician: Cris, Technician replied 4 months ago
Cris
Cris, Technician

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Have you connected your new Kindle to WiFi and registered to your Amazon account?

...

Hi Cris
Sorry for the delay but was traveling yesterday and this took so much longer than I thought it would - so I gave up === now I am home
My original kindle is
Kindle 2.5.8 (555370010)
Serial Number: 8009A1A003520700
named: Barbara's kindle
The battery no longer holds a charge --- I liked this model so much that I bought another one and didn't use it at first - it was going to be a back up in case I lost the first one or it crapped out as it has.The second one is
Kindle 2.5.8 (555370010)
Serial Number: 8009A1A021702C4
Barbara's 2nd kindleNow if I order anything and it asks where to send it and I say Barbara's 2nd kindle - it does not show up.What I would like to do istransfer everything on the first one (that no longer works without being plugged in) to the newer one and then have that be the default one where everything I order goes to.Is this possible ---It was frustrating yesterday to have to put my credit card in and then learn that I had signed up for $39 a month for God knows what --- I would like to not be signed up for thatThanksBarbaraIf you would like to call and talk about this and have me answer your questions -- (###) ###-####is my home phoneThanks
The registered User is : ***** *****Both kindles are registered to ***** *****I have since changed my name to Barbara Palombi
do you need more information or can you transfer the books, etc that are on the 1st one to the 2nd one?Thanks
Electronics Technician: Cris, Technician replied 3 months ago

Hi Barbara,

As long has both Kindle are registered to the same account you should be able to download the books. The books are associated to your so that any device with the Kindle app can download books. You can remove devices you are no longer using which can simply where the books are downloaded to when you purchase.

You can do so by using the link below to access the Kindle Manage Page. Sign in with your account click on "Devices" tab. Next to Actions on the Kindle you wish to remove click on De-Register.

https://tinyurl.com/ostoyg4

Let me know if this helps or answers your question. Reply back to me with the outcome.