E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a Kindle 4, which I bought in 2014 but I only

I have a Kindle...

I have a Kindle 4, which I bought in 2014 but I only unpacked this week. I have wifi at work at home and at work, but when I try to register the Kindle, I get a message to the effect that it cannot establish a secure connection.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Kindle?

Yes in fact i have to wifi's at home: Rode and Rode2 (one each for either storey of my duplex home). I have now connected both -- hope this isn't a problem

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes, three computers are connected without any problem.

3/21/2018
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I do, please

Do you have the same issue with the work Wi-Fi as well?

Harry, Customer Service
my mobile no. is:
+27 82(###) ###-####(South Africa)
I have the same issue at work.
Phone call session started

I apologize -- I did not realize it was a South African phone number.

You will need to call Amazon at 1-***-***-****

By the way, your software is not off-shore friendly. The program did not allow me to enter my phone number correctly, neither does the zip code request take into consideration that it could be an off-shore request.