E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a kindle fir that does have internet access, but will…

Customer Question
I have a kindle...

I have a kindle fir that does have internet access, but will not download books for some reason. It starts to download, says that it is taking longer than expected and will do it later - but after 15 hours, nothing has happened yet. I have gone online on my computer and confirmed that I have a valid credit card with Amazon so it shouldn't be a payment issue. What can I do to fix this?

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

Months ago (2017)

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

No - I have gone online with them and got access to my account with my old password. I can try this though

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No - I'm familiar with the device - just can't download

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/21/2018
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 4 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble and I am sorry that you have had to wait so long for help. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

Please login to your account at www.amazon.com/myk. On the page that appears next, you will see a CONTENT Tab and a DEVICES Tab. On the CONTENT tab you will see all of your Kindle book purchases. You can sort them by title, author or purchase date. Please locate the book that you want to download to your Kindle, select it by checking it and then click on the ACTIONS column. Choose deliver to OTHER as the action. Select your device from the Device list. If you have more than one Kindle, make sure that you choose the Kindle that you are actively using.

If you still have issues after following these steps, you may be nearing full capacity on your Kindle, and may need to delete a few of the books that you have already read. After you delete quite a few, please sync your device and see if you those books disappear and your new ones show up.

If that doesn't resolve the problem we may need to reset the Kindle to factory defaults. All of your previous Amazon purchases are tied to your Amazon account. When you set up your Kindle Fire after the reset, you'll need to know the SSID (name) of your wifi network and the password. You'll also need your Amazon account information (email address and password). When it has been successfully setup you should be able to download any of the books form your cloud library to your Kindle Fire.

Please give these troubleshooting stepss a try and let me know the results. If you have any problems with any of the steps or need clarification, just let me know. If for any reason this doesn't work for you, please tell me so I can provide additional help. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!