E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I just bought a Kindle paper and I am charging it. The light…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a Kindle paper white and I am charging it. The light turned green. The screen shows a picture and some words about science fiction. I want to turn it off, but when I press the power button, the screen does not go dark

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

I am charging it for the first time now

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know what else to ask

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/21/2018
Electronics Technician: Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician replied 3 months ago
Viet - E-reader Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold the Power on / off button on your Kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- Does that do anything?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Does it do anything when you keep holding the Power on / off button on your Kindle for a long time, like for about 45 seconds?

- What happens when you touch on the screen or slide on the screen?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.