E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I am unable to download any books I brought my kindle in…

Customer Question
I am unable to...

I am unable to download any books I brought my kindle in 2012

Technician's Assistant: When did this downloading issue start with your Kindle?

In February up until Than I didn't have any problems

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

No is the button you turn on kindle on with

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/20/2018
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

May I know the exact model of your kindle for example Kindle fire,Kindle Paperwhite?

I bought it in 2012 not sure if its DO1100 or DO 1200 it has a built in light
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Could you please try to restart your kindle by following the below steps:

Please let me know if it works for you.

1. Press and hold the Power button for a full 40 seconds.

After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.

2. After the 40 seconds, release the Power button.

The charge indicator light will turn on after a few seconds.