E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a Kindle Fire that I received as a gift. I use this…

I have a Kindle...

I have a Kindle Fire that I received as a gift. I use this most for listening to talk radio via I Heart Radio. I used to listen to WJAS 1320 AM based in Pittsburgh. I and other have been having problems for months with this station. I was able to use WRNO based in New Orleans to listen to the same programs. Now it appears that many stations providing talk radio programming are no longer able to play via my unit. I am forced to be tied to my computer when the IHeartRadio app still works on all stations. Can you explain why many talk radio stations across the country do nothing more than "buffer" constantly while other talk stations come in clear all day?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

I believe about 18 months

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kindle Fire?

It has told me that it has updated a few times since I received it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. Thanks

3/20/2018
Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson, Customer Service
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I would love to help you with your question.I understand that you are asking how the stations you love on iHeartRadio don't work like you expect and you want to be able to listen to WJAS and WRNO. Is that correct?
Okay, I understand. I see you requested a phone call. Was that on purpose or by accident?

https://www.iheart.com/live/news-talk-995-wrno-1033/

https://www.iheart.com/live/wjas-1320-am-6637/

Looks like both the stations on on there. I'm checking on my mobile device right now.

Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson, Customer Service
Phone call session started

Hi, I tried to call you - but I didn't get an answer.

Please let me know if you'd like me to try again.

I was able to get both stations to work on my Android device (the same OS the Kindle uses).

If you search for both stations 4 letter codes, you should be able to find both on your Kindle.

What you are likely having issues with for the buffering is very likely solved by either improving your wi-fi or it could be an issue with the app itself. Since you are saying that your computer (on the same connection to the internet I'm assuming) works, what I would suggest doing is uninstalling and reinstalling the iHeartRadio app. This should resolve the issue in most cases.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!