E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I am trying to change payment in my wife's Kindle Account…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to change payment in my wife's Kindle Account but I cannot get her account to come up.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I haven't been signing on via her kindle only my laptop.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

My wife has previously purchased books. Can she only purchase books via her Kindle?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/20/2018
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Are you trying to do this via your computer?

Please let me know

I am doing this on my laptop
I am doing this on my laptop.
I am doing this on my laptop. Hello are you there Richard?

yes I am here, you blocked me from replying

You are doing it in your web browser?

Okay, one more time. We had to change our Credit Card Account due to a breach in the security of the previous one. I signed on to Amazon and added a Credit Card Number, not realizing that it was for my account, and not hers. She had placed an order for a book, and I was trying to get the new CC# ***** to the account. Obviously that did not happen, and I need it to happen so the book can be paid for. This is the Order #8802238-5389022. You have already taken $35.00 plus $5.00 out of my Credit Card Account, so I don't feel I should have to pay another dime until I get some actual assistance.

Thank you

To renew this you must update the details via your computer on your Amazon account.

To do this, please do the below steps.

Visit the page for your account - https://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle

- Log into using your Amazon account (the same Amazon account you have registered on your Kindle)

On the right side select "Settings"

Under 'Kindle Payment Settings' (first option)

Click 'Edit Payment Method'

Change your credit card details.

Restart your Kindle and it will update

It will then be updated

Let me know the results please