E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a Nook and it fell out of my car onto the garage

Customer Question
I have a Nook...

I have a Nook and it fell out of my car onto the garage floor. Ever since, I cannot turn it on. I tried holding the bottom to reboot and it won’t do anything. I also charged it all night hoping that would help and still nothing. It’s about a year old or less. Should I take back to Barnes & Noble to see if they can fix?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

All night last night

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/20/2018
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Nook and hold the power button to off for 120 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Nook.

Let me know the results please

Thank you