E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Uhg+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Amazon

Uhg+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Technician's Assistant: What...

Uhg+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

While I was reading, the unit refused to go to the next page.I tried to restart but it wouldn't allow me to restart - message box was there but wouldn't restart

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Unit is about 3 years old

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Kindle appears to be restarting

ok, let me know how it performs please

Richard, Customer Service
Your reply has resolved my problem. Thank you so very muchNO PHONE CALL NEEDED
Phone call session started