E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I can't remember my passcode for ekindle. It's a new kindle…

Customer Question
I can't remember my...

I can't remember my passcode for ekindle

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

It's a new kindle I bought a couple of months ago, and this is the first opportunity I've had to get it up and going.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

. And it gave me a clue, of jo+pig+age, which I believe is johnham70, but that doesn't seem to work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of. I'm sure my email has changed from my previous one, Now it is***@******.***

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/20/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

still need your help, Harry. Thank you
Forgot. Have no capcity to use my mobile here, however, if you can phone me on my land line that would be fine. John
02) .5514
02) 9634 5514

Which model Kindle?

Sorry Harry. Haven't had a chance to reply, due to other commitments.
You asked for the model no of my ekindle, SY69JL IC###-##-#### I still can't enter a passcode, because I don't know what it is.John
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago

To reset your device:

1. Tap the passcode field.
  2. Type 111222777, and then tap OK.