E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

There is a picture of a man sitting under a tree and it has…

Customer Question
There is a picture...

There is a picture of a man sitting under a tree and it has bee frozen there for 2 days

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

Yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/20/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for exactly 20 seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 3 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.