E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

The battery in my kindle does not hold it's charge for more…

The battery in my...

The battery in my kindle does not hold it's charge for more than one and half hours is it possible to have a new battery fitted

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

About two weeks

3/19/2018
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What is the model number of the kindle (or when was it purchased)?

all I want to know is can I get anew battery fitted to my kindle had it about two years

That really depends on the specific model.

serialnumber go 90g1056435007e
firmware versionkindle5.9.4(3278740046)

Can you give me the model number, please? It starts with D0

can't find that number IT IS A PAPER WHITE 3g

Thank you for checking,

if it is a 3g model, I'd expect it is much much more than 3 years old, they have not made those since about 2012.

It is possible to replace the battery, but generally not feasible to do so. The part alone is about $50, and you have about a 50/50 chance of damaging the kindle beyond repair trying to crack the case open to replace it yourself. Having a tech do it will run you about $100. Since you can buy a brand new model with a fresh warranty for about the same cost as the parts alone, they generally are not repaired but rather replaced instead.

If you opt to replace it, When you receive your replacement kindle, once it is registered and connected to wifi, all of your existing books/purchases will sync to the new kindle, so you won’t lose any of the content you’ve previously purchased.

Best regards,

thank you Nathan I will have to purchase my 3rd Kindle
If I purchase a new Kindle will I be guaranteed that it will be current one?

You're very welcome!

The new models have changed somewhat, so it would be a different model from what you had previously, but should have the same general functionality.

Nathan, Technician