E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I am using my 3rd Kindle and my husband is using his first.

Customer Question
I am using my...

I am using my 3rd Kindle and my husband is using his first. My Kindle will not allow me to go further than the sample. The same is true for his. Thus I have four 1/4 books on my Kindle. We were away this winter and were unable to read an entire book. Hope you can help.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I believe that it has been going on since the end of November. I haven't done very much except add new books hoping that they will be there until the end. However, that hasn't happened so I have 4 incomplete books on my reader.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

That's about it. Apparently, something is causung this, but I have no idea what.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/19/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow it to charge for 20 minutes now and see if it will charge

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

I think it has rebooted. And it has recharged to about 1/2 of the Battery icon on the top

Is it working now?