E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

It’s charged but won’t let me swipe and enter. Kindle. How…

It’s charged but won’t...

It’s charged but won’t let me swipe and enter

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Kindle. How do I know model?

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Charging. Just today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing

3/19/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps please.

Worked...thanks

You're very welcome! could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance?

Aric, Technician