E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have bought a new kindle paper ,my old one has now had…

I have bought a...

I have bought a new kindle paper white,my old one has now had it.i need to know how to connect to this one using same password ***** if i can transfer my books as some i have not read yet.thank you sylvia bates.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

About a month ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

No new nothing about it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Can batteries be replaced.

3/19/2018
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

The battery in these cannot be replaced economically. It costs more to fix them than to buy a new kindle.

There is no need to manually transfer or move anything, this all happens automatically.

When you receive your replacement kindle, once it is registered and connected to wifi, all of your existing books/purchases will sync to the new kindle, so you won’t lose any of the content you’ve previously purchased.

Best regards,

i can not connect to wifi as the password ***** ***** up incorrect why is this it has always been the same.

Unfortunately I have no way of knowing what your wifi password *****

but if it comes up incorrect, then you may be entering it wrong.

You can try unplugging power to your router for a minute though to reboot it, then try again on the kindle.

If it still doesn't work you'll need to call your internet provider who set it up for you

Nathan, Technician
hello my kindle is ok at the moment my grand daughter has got it going we have changed the pass word.if i need more help i will get in touch again. thank you

You're very welcome!