E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have Kindle Fire. The touch screen is slow and sometimes…

I have Kindle Fire...

I have Kindle Fire. The touch screen is slow and sometimes does not work

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

About 5 years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kindle Fire?

When I turn it on the screen does not allow me toswipe and unlock

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

Turn of and hold down button for 40 seconds

3/19/2018
Cris
Cris, Technician

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Please try a power reset of the device.

Press and hold the power switch/button for 20 seconds. The device will shut off then turn back on, give it about a minute to restore connections. Test the issue, reply back to me with the outcome if it now responds better then before.

Touch screen not working

press and hold the power button/switch for 20 seconds.

Tried reset. Screen not working. I anticipated a phone call

You said the screen is not responding to any swipes even to unlock the screen is that correct?

I push down a number of times and it might unlock but will not respond to any other swipes

OK, I will opt out another expert who may have another solution for you to try will contact you.

Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow it to charge for 20 minutes now and see if it will charge

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

Held down the power button while plugged in. nothing happened Pushed the power button and screen showed Kindle Fire as usual. Cannot unlock. Unit is still being charged (6 minutes). It was charged to about 96%

Is it still not letting you use your finger to unlock?

Previously I have pushed and swiped and it will unlock after 5 or 6 minutes but very slow when I swipe to navigate the screen

If the above steps did not work then there is a hardware issue with your Kindle.

Since you are outside of the warranty period (1 year warranty) Kindle will probably not issue a replacement but they normally give great discounts for a current Amazon customer to upgrade to the Kindle Fire.

In SOME cases they will grant the 1 year warranty for a customer and give you a replacement. That is completely up to Amazon and is on a case to case basis that I have no control over.

Please call Amazon here ---> 1-***-***-****

Let them know that your Kindle has hardware issues and you need a replacement

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.r

Thank you
5 star

Please use the actual star rating at the top of the page

Harry, Customer Service