E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I get the message oops. Something went wrong. Pls try again…

Customer Question
I get the message...

I get the message oops. Something went wrong. Pls try again later. I already tried to sign out and sign in again

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your device?

Do you mean when did I last buy a book? It has been a while

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Have you tried a Factory Reset? The E-reader Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your e-books and other data.

How do I do that

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/18/2018
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 3 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Whatis the brand and model of your reader?

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

Kobo 0560

Thank you for that information. Do you get the message when you are trying to purchase a book? Are you using the Kobo Desktop software to help you manage your Kobo device?

I do get the message when purchasing

Thank you. This often happens when your credit card has expired and needs updating. Please update your payment info and try again. Please let me know the results.

That didn’t help

OK. Thank you for the update. Are you using the Kobo Desktop software? What specific model of KOBO do you have?

Kobo 0560. I just read on my kobo

Thank you. Please give me a moment to research.

While I am researching the issue, let's check please to see if you need updates for your Kobo. Please do the following:

1. Go to your Home screen.
  2. Tap the Sync icon at the top of the screen.
  3. Tap Sync now.
    • If you are within range of a known network, your eReader automatically joins that network and will begin syncing.
    • If you are not within range of a known network, your eReader will begin the Adding a Network process.
Done

Great! Thank you!

If the problem persists after receiving all available updates, please go to the Kobo website to view and/or update payment.

1. Go to kobo.com
  2. Sign in to your account with your Kobo username and password, then click continue.
  3. Enter your username and password.
  4. Try to locate and purchase a book directly from the KOBO site, then sync your Kobo to see if you receive it.

If you don't get any error messages when purchasing directly from the Kobo website then we'll know that there is an issue with your Kobo reader. If this turns out to be the case we can reset it. If you do get an error when trying to purchase from the site, you'll need to do the following:

1. Open your account details with one of these options, depending on what you see:
  2. Click My Account next to the Profile icon at the top right of the page.
  3. Click the Menu icon at the top left of the page, then click My Account next to the Profile icon.
  4. Click Account Settings.
  5. Click Payment Information.
  6. Enter your credit card information and the billing address associated with that credit card.
  7. Click Save.

Now try once more to purchase (from website first, then from Kobo reader). Please let me know the results.