E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I am to ask for repair code2. Version2689890035 DSN

I am to ask...

I am to ask for repair code2

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Version2689890035 DSN BO24150224930XTL

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your e-reader? What have you tried so far?

It just started last night. I tried holding down the on/off switch for a few seconds. The white bar at the bottom gets almost all the way across then stops.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/18/2018
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help.

What is the make/model of the e-reader?

no, I do not wish to spend another $20.

What is the make/model of the e-reader?

sorry I thought you already had all this info! How do you know if you can help me It's a Kindle, a plain paperwhite.

How old is the kindle?

about 5 years

If the above steps did not work then there is a hardware issue with your Kindle.

Since you are outside of the warranty period (1 year warranty) Kindle will probably not issue a replacement but they normally give great discounts for a current Amazon customer to upgrade to the Kindle Fire.

In SOME cases they will grant the 1 year warranty for a customer and give you a replacement. That is completely up to Amazon and is on a case to case basis that I have no control over.

Please call Amazon here ---> 1-***-***-****

Let them know that your Kindle has hardware issues and you need a replacement

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.r

Harry, Customer Service