E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

It appears to be frozen. I can turn it on and off, but when…

Customer Question
It appears to be...

It appears to be frozen. I can turn it on and off, but when it says swipe to unlock, it won't unlock

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

It was fully charged Thursday evening 3/15

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

No, but I will

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Did the power restart, came up with that screen page, but when I press start, it does nothing, like its frozen

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/18/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Still no progress with kindle

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow it to charge for 20 minutes now and see if it will charge

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle