E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have one of the original kindles which I have not used for…

Customer Question
I have one of...

I have one of the original kindles which I have not used for the past three years. I recently tried to activate it once again by connecting it to a UBS port in my computer to see if it would start up once more. All I get on the screen is a picture diagram of a battery with a black stripe at one end and a diagram of UBS port with an arrow pointing to a charge. Is my battery dead ? can this unit be reserected or is it finished ? Please advise ?

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your device?

About two years aago

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The E-reader Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your e-books and other data.

No never did this

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/17/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 4 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Were you able to try those steps and are you still having the same problem?

Bullshit you are a fraud I am not paying you$36 for this lousy answer !!! I am reporting you to the Better Business Bureau for deceptive business practicesFrank J Smith